I bake these cookies at least once every couple of weeks. They can be mixed very quickly and don’t need to be chilled at all before baking. The butter should be at room temperature — I like to set it out in the morning, but in a pinch you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds (be careful not to melt it!). The ingredients are simple, and good: Butter, raw (turbinado) sugar, whole wheat flour, greek yogurt, and chocolate chips. My inspiration for this recipe comes from the blog “Little House Living” http://www.littlehouseliving.com, but I swapped out the white sugar for turbinado, and white flour for whole wheat without changing the original quantities at all. This makes the cookies not only healthier, but also heartier. Try making them both ways, and decide for yourself
Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 3/4 white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together sugar, vanilla extract, butter and yogurt.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- With a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, drop the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.